POSITION AVAILABLE: Senior Accountant
We are a fast growing, Arvada area CPA Firm seeking to hire an intermediate level accountant/full charge bookkeeper to perform accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation duties. Our firm is made up of professional, hard-working, speedy and efficient, fun loving people and we are looking for someone similar to join our growth oriented company!
Provide accounting and full charge bookkeeping services to client companies via QuickBooks accounting software. Prepare business and personal tax returns for clients using Ultra Tax software. Ensure adherence to Company philosophy and policy of delivering quality and professional accounting services and dealing honestly and fairly with clients and Company personnel.
- Maintain financial accounting records for client companies. This includes, but is not limited to preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, accounting for fixed assets, other assets, liabilities, equity (for all business types), and preparing work-papers.
- Preparation of general ledger, financial statements, and executive summary/financial management reports on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis. This may include maintaining budgeted amounts as well as actual and tying account balances to supporting documentation and reviewing documents for accuracy.
- Maintain depreciation schedules.
- Occasionally train and assist clients with use of QuickBooks accounting software (online and stand-alone versions).
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for businesses and individual clients using Ultra Tax software.
- Process payroll and prepare and review payroll tax forms.
- Preparation of 1099 tax returns for clients.
- Preparation and review of sales/use tax and property tax returns.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-5 year business/accounting degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in financial management and general staff accounting or equivalent combinations of training and job experience. Thorough understanding of standard accounting procedures including accrual and cash basis accounting. Strong knowledge of general business concepts and all relevant Federal, State and local requirements, including taxation. Must be attentive to details and also must possess strong computer skills and have solid experience with spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software. Ability to work well and communicate with outside contacts and Company personnel. CPA or CPA Candidate preferred, but not required. Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor credential is a plus.
Only resumes with a cover letter including salary requirements sent to the address below will be considered. Please hand-write the code: SR. ACCOUNTANT - Website in the right -hand corner of your resume for our processing purposes.
NO EMAILED RESUMES OR PHONE CALLS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
6777 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO 80003
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Compensation: Competitive wage dependent on experience and qualifications.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.