CPA - Senior Accountant – Public Accounting (Arvada, CO)
We are a growing, Metro Denver area CPA Firm seeking to hire an intermediate level Senior Accountant to perform tax preparation, accounting, and bookkeeping services for our clients. Our firm is made up of friendly, professional, hard-working, fun-loving people and we are looking for someone like-minded to join our growing company! This is a hybrid position allowing (but not requiring) work from home with occasional trips to the office.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for businesses and individual clients using Ultra Tax software.
- Maintain financial accounting records for client companies. This includes, but is not limited to preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, accounting for fixed assets, other assets, liabilities, equity (for all business types), and preparing work-papers for our files.
- Prepare depreciation schedules.
- Occasionally train and assist clients with use of QuickBooks accounting software (online and desktop versions).
- Occasional preparation and review payroll tax returns.
- Perform additional tax and accounting related assignments per supervisor’s direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-5 year business/accounting degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting and tax related job experience. Thorough understanding of standard accounting procedures including accrual and cash basis accounting. Strong knowledge of general business concepts and relevant Federal and State taxation regulations. Must be attentive to details and must possess strong computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software. Ability to work well and communicate with outside contacts and Company personnel. CPA Certificate preferred. Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor credential is a plus.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacations, Holidays and Sick Time
- Additional Paid Time Off (PTO Plan)
- Work Schedule Flexibility Outside of Tax Season
- An Environment Conducive to a Work-Life Balance
Mail or email your resume referencing CPA position. Mail can be sent to the address listed below or email your resume to email@example.com.
6777 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO 80003
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Compensation: $65k-$80k Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.